For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR), we are the data controller.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise; it is assumed that this information is accurate. We do not knowingly collect any data in respect of a child under the age of 16 and we only collect any data as is necessary. This information includes information you provide when you search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, and a personal description and photograph or any information which enables you to be identified.
We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will only contact you if you have consented to this;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you if you have consented to this.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and your operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (but only if you have consented).
Information we receive from other sources
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies), and we may receive information about you from them. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, provided you have given us consent;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, as we have a legitimate interest in doing so; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, as we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired (wholly or partly) by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after two years.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology via the Stripe platform (and will be governed by their separate terms). To learn more about Stripe's secure payments, click here.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention of and Access to information
We retain your information only for as long as is necessary. If we have a contract with you for services, then we shall retain your data for no more than 7 years from the conclusion of the contract (in case of dispute or HMRC enquiry). If you have consented to us holding your information on our database then we shall do so until you confirm that you no longer wish us to do so. We refresh our database annually and shall seek your continuing consent to continue holding your data on that basis. When your data is destroyed we ensure that we do so securely.
You have the following rights regarding your data:
- To ask us about the nature of information held and to whom it has been disclosed.
- To ask us to rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data (including the right to be forgotten).
If you wish to make any enquiry about the information we hold for you, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44(0) 745 299 1277.